LINKS OF LONDON VALENTINE'S DAY SWEEPSTAKES
RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the "Rules")
1. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Links of London, Inc., 369 Lexington Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017 (the "Sponsor").
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
3. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Sweepstakes. Employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, Fluid PC, any participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, members of the immediate family of any such persons, and any other persons domiciled with them or residing at the same household whether or not related are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
4. This Sweepstakes will commence at 5:00pm EST on January 15, 2017 and all entries must be received by 6:59 p.m. EST on February 13, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or that fail to reach the Sponsor by the end of the Sweepstakes Period for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
5. You may enter via the Sponsor website, www.linksof london.com/ca-en. You may also enter through the entry form which you may obtain from any Sponsor location or by writing to Sponsor at 369 Lexington Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017 and requesting an entry form. All entry forms must be completed and returned to a Sponsor location or the aforementioned address by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
6. All eligible entrants must provide their email address and elaborate on their "magic moment".
7. Winners will be chosen at random on February 20, 2017 at 10:00am EST from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will take place at 369 Lexington Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
8. Entries that, in Sponsor's sole discretion and determination, contain any violent, offensive, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, lurid, sinister, menacing, threatening or illegal language, or that are not in clear, legible and understandable English or French, are NOT eligible and cannot win any prize.
9. The grand prize is one trip for the winner and one (1) guest to London, England from the international airport closest to the winner's residence (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), including economy-class airfare, hotel stay for five (5) nights and a romantic dinner for two (2) persons with a total prize value of approximately $5,000 CAD. Actual value may vary based on the winner's residence, date of departure, date of travel, airfare fluctuations and exchange rates.
The winner and his/her guests must be available to travel within one (1) year of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, or the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and, at the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, awarded to an alternate selected entrant who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Absolutely no changes to travel dates or passenger names are permitted once the booking has been made and the winner has submitted the name of his/her guest and all related booking information to the Sponsor. Travel must be round trip. The Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary, hotel accommodations and restaurant reservations in its sole and absolute discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Sponsor shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other change to the trip itinerary (whether having the effect of lengthening or shortening the trip itinerary) and by accepting the prize, winner and his/her guests acknowledge and accept such risks, and agree that the Sponsor is only responsible for the prize elements as listed in these Rules and no additional costs or expenses that may be incurred by the winner and/or his/her guest as a result of such changes in itinerary. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs and other costs not expressly stated in the package descriptions above, including but not limited to, travel/medical insurance, meals, incidentals, gratuities, in-room charges, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner and his/her guest. The winner's guest must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. The winner's guest must have reached the age of majority in his/her province of residence and must execute a Declaration (as defined in these Rules) prior to issuance of travel documents. Prior to travel, the winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for obtaining valid travel documents such as passports, visas, etc. and any other documents necessary for travel. The winner and his/her guest may be required to present a valid major credit card to hotel upon check in. If the winner elects to travel with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The Sponsor and/or an authorized agent of the Sponsor will contact the confirmed prize winner to discuss travel arrangements, which arrangements shall be determined and made at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, and to arrange delivery of the other prize components.
10. Two (2) second prize winners will win custom "Made to Order" Sweetie bracelets valued at approximately $1,000 CAD each. Custom "Made to Order" Sweetie bracelets are made from sku 5010.1009 with the addition of Charms, Sweetie Rings and Pave Rondelle Beads in a combination of the winner's choosing (not to exceed a total retail value of $1,000 CAD for the bracelet and the selected additions). Exact items are subject to availability at the time of the winner's choice.
11. The Sponsor's decisions are final.
12. The prizes are non-transferrable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered or provided.
13. Prizes and components thereof are subject to availability. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the prize or a component thereof with a prize of equivalent or greater value.
14. Selected entrants will be notified via email on February 21, 2017. Declared winners must claim their prize by email within 30 days of the Sponsor sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Sponsor reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance herein. Declared winners will be contacted in order to arrange pick-up or delivery of their prize.
15. The Sponsor will use any personal information submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the Sweepstakes, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants consent to the use of their personal information by the Sponsor for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
16. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. By participating, entrants acknowledge that all information and material that they submit to enter this Sweepstakes is submitted to the Sponsor and not Facebook and they agree that Facebook shall not be liable to them in any way in respect of this Sweepstakes.
17. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province/territory in such publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/state/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment, consideration or notification.
18. Participation in the Sweepstakes requires and implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules in their entirety, even if amended in the future by the Sponsor at its sole discretion.
19. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
20. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participating entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend the Rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, where applicable. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
21. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entrants must have permission from all individuals whose name or other personal information is mentioned in the entry (if any) to use their name and likeness (where applicable) in the entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrants must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Entries may not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or constitute copyright infringement.
22. Submitting an entry constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entry in whole or in part, on a technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrants will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrants are granting to use the entry.
23. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each selected entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
24. Except where prohibited, selected entrants will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Sponsor within the required time period in order to claim the prize. Entrants must also correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question unaided in order to win. Selected entrants will also be required to verify their email address for prize fulfillment purposes within thirty (30) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration, does not correctly answer the skill-testing question or fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the selected entrants forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. In the event that a selected entrant is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
25. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or prize component.
26. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
27. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, where applicable. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
28. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
For residents of Québec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
30. For a copy of the Rules or a list of winners, visit http://www.linksoflondon.com/ca-en/moment-winners before December 31, 2017. The list of winners will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2017 Links of London, Inc. All rights reserved.