To get the best possible performance from your Links of London watch please follow these simple guidelines covering care, and warranty.
Care and Maintenance
We strongly recommend that all servicing and repairs to your watch should be undertaken by a Links of London store or authorised Links of London stockist. Any work carried out by a non-authorised repairer will cancel the warranty. Please retain your warranty booklet and receipt as proof of your watch's origin and authenticity.
All of our watches are water resistant to a minimum of 3ATM, which means resistant against light moisture such as rain and splashing in general daily use. They should not be submerged in water. The water resistance is maintained by a series of seals which will deteriorate over time due to general wear.
Links of London watches are fitted with two different types of movements:
- Quartz - powered by a battery. The electric current supplied by the battery causes the quartz crystal to oscillate at a fixed frequency. The frequency is broken down through an integrated circuit where power is released through a small stepping motor, which sets the watch hands in motion. A quartz watch movement is extremely accurate.
- Automatic - a mechanical movement, but it does not need to be regularly wound. Instead, it self-winds via a rotor with the movement of the wearer's wrist. Most automatic watches have on average a power reserve of up to 24 hours. An automatic movement should be serviced every two years to ensure that it is maintained in perfect working order.
Please contact your nearest Links of London store or an authorised Links of London stockist for information on watch servicing.
Watch Care Precautions
Your watch contains precision components. For optimum performance, please follow these simple guidelines for watch care:
1. Avoid leaving your watch in direct sunlight, extreme heat or extreme cold for long periods of time.
2. Never operate any of the function buttons or crown when the watch is submerged in water. Should water or condensation appear inside the watch face, have the watch checked immediately. Water can corrode parts inside the watch.
3. Your watch is designed to withstand impact under normal use but avoid extreme shock or impact.
4. Clean your watch occasionally with a soft, dry cloth.
5. Avoid contact with soap or other chemicals, which could damage your watch.
Your battery will need replacing on average every 2 years. The battery indicates it is near to end of life (and needs replacing) when the second hand starts moving every 2 seconds instead of every second. The hour and minute hands will however continue working properly until the battery runs out.
We recommend that only an authorised Links of London repairer changes your battery. Please visit a Links of London store or authorised Links of London stockist – or contact Customer Care – to arrange this. Damage caused by an unauthorised or faulty replacement will not be covered by your warranty.
We feel that it is extremely important to tackle the growing amount of waste of electronic equipment. Please dispose of all electronic components responsibly under the national legislation at the point of purchase.